Sunday, December 26, 2010

Glancing Back and Staring Forward

As the year of 2010 draws to a close, I feel it is fitting to look back and review some of the events, great and small, that have affected my life. I don’t think I will, however, because it only depresses me to see how little I have accomplished. Others in my life have accomplished much, but I seem to just ride along on coattails and do little to improve the lot of others. But so much for my whining.

Now, let’s look to the future. 2011. I won’t tell you my plans, because if I do, and they do not work out, you will laugh at me and say I was either a cock-eyed optimist or a lazy, unmotivated bum who failed at every turn. I don’t think I am either. I am a pragmatist. A hard-core, right-wing conservative pragmatist.

As for New Year’s resolutions, I will present the one I always present: I vow to eat more and get less exercise.

That one seems easy to keep.

In reality, I plan to lose weight, exercise more, cure all forms of cancer and wipe out poverty for those who earn more than $250,000 a year.

So, let’s see how it goes.