Monday, December 27, 2010

We're On the Back Slope of 2010 Now!

I just took down the Christmas tree and all the other decorations. Our living room looks as bare as my head. It's a little sad looking actually, like a favorite dog found on the roadside for about fifty feet. Y’know what I mean. Really sad, but what can you do? In the case of the dog, let the D.O.T. get him; in case of the living room, get some chips and dip and mess it up a little.

Well, if Christmas is gone, can New Year’s Eve be far behind?

New Year’s Eve is always a big deal for Risë and me. We have this special routine for bringing in the New Year’s. I’ll be in my recliner in the living room watching Law and Order reruns and she’ll be in bed asleep. At the stroke of twelve I’ll open the bedroom door and say, “Happy New Year,” and she raises up and says, “Shut the door.” Then I’ll go back to watching Law and Order and she’ll go back to dreaming of Patrick Swayze at the pottery wheel. (I'll pay for saying that!)

I hope all of you have a great New Year. Reach for the stars. See you at the top. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Stay alert, stay alive. A sack of flour makes a big biscuit. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Gutn tog.